Ways to Relieve Stress and/or Anxiety - Relaxing Your Mind and Body
Stress and anxiety relief techniques focus on relaxing your mind and body.
WAYS TO RELAX YOUR MIND:
- Write – for some people it helps to write about the things that are bothering you or stressing you out. Some people keep a stress journal which can help you to find out what is causing your stress. Once you know what is causing your stress and/or anxiety, you can find better ways to cope.
- Let your feelings out – talk, laugh and cry when you need to. Talking with friends, family, and/or a counsellor about your feelings is a healthy way to relieve stress and/or anxiety.
- Do something you enjoy – either a hobby, volunteer work, a creative activity, such as writing, crafts or art, or a sport activity. You may feel too busy to do these things, but, making time to do something you enjoy can help you relax.
- Focus on the present – mediation and guided imagery are 2 ways to focus and relax your mind.
WAYS TO RELAX YOUR BODY:
- Exercise – regular exercise is a good way to managing stress and/or anxiety. Stretching can also relieve muscle tension.
- Try techniques to relax – breathing exercises, muscle relaxation, and yoga can help reduce stress and/or anxiety.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Mental Health Info Leaflets
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Info RC PSYCH
- Outlook:) South West Self Help
- Self Esteem
- Self Harm
- Stress and Anxiety
- Positive Thinking
- Living Life to the Full
- Useful Links
- Maintaining Progress
- Seasonal Affective Disorder