Ways to Relieve Stress and/or Anxiety - Meditation
WAYS TO RELAX YOUR MIND:
Meditation may help you to relax and relieve stress and/or anxiety. Mindful meditation focuses on the present and the things that are happening right now. It can help you relax because it moves your attention from, what happened in the past, or what may occur in the future, to the present day.
How to do a basic Mindful Meditation:
- Sit in a chair, on the floor or lie down, make sure you are comfortable.
- Focus on the present. Do not worry if you mind wonders, simply re-focus on the present. A good way to do this is to focus on your breathing, for example is it fast or slow, deep or shallow?
- Meditation may bring up certain feelings or emotions, if this happens do not worry just focus on what you feel at the present moment and concentrate on your breathing
|< Prev||Next >|
- Mental Health Info Leaflets
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Info RC PSYCH
- Outlook:) South West Self Help
- Self Esteem
- Self Harm
- Stress and Anxiety
- Positive Thinking
- Living Life to the Full
- Useful Links
- Maintaining Progress
- Seasonal Affective Disorder